Watermelon Tofu Salad
1. For the tofu:
1 pkg (8 oz) tempeh sliced thin
2 tablespoons tamari
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1-2 Tbsp salad dressing below
2. For the salad:
1 small watermelon, cut in half with flesh removed and cubed (save 2 cups for the salad, 1 cup for the dressing)
1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
1/2 European cucumber, diced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 yellow pepper, diced
2 teaspoons pine nuts
3. For the dressing:
1 cup cubed watermelon (reserved as mentioned above)
2 tablespoons fresh mint
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Pinch of sea salt
1. Prepare the tempeh by slicing thin and cutting slices in half.
2. Place them in a glass container. Add the tamari, ginger, and garlic. Gently stir to cover every piece of tofu. Cover and place it in the fridge to marinate.
3. In a blender, puree the reserved 1 cup of watermelon, fresh mint, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and salt until it's liquified. Set aside.
4. In a bowl, stir together the shredded lettuce, diced cucumbers, halved cherry tomatoes, diced yellow pepper, and 2 cups of cubed watermelon.
5. Fill each watermelon bowl halfway with salad, add some tofu, add more salad, pour on half the dressing, and then add more tofu. Sprinkle with pine nuts and enjoy!
Adapted from Popsugar